Lighthouse Professional Services, Inc. respects the privacy and confidentiality of all clients.
Lighthouse employees in the performance of all duties and responsibilities shall at all times, present and future, comply with federal and state confidentiality laws and rules as defined in 42 U.S.C. § 290dd-2 and its accompanying regulations, 42 C.F.R., Part 2, and TCA 10-7-504(a) & (c) and TCA 63-1-136(d) and TCA 63-1-150 as applicable and as amended from time to time.
All information whether written, verbal, electronic, or otherwise pursuant to the assessment, referral, and/or monitoring of all clients shall be kept confidential and shall not be disclosed, exchanged, or re-disclosed unless the disclosure, exchange, or re-disclosure falls within the purview of the specific Exceptions as defined below.
Exceptions. The only circumstances under which client information may be disclosed or exchanged are those exceptions set forth in 42 C.F.R., Part 2 as follows:
(1) Proper written consent, § 2.31
(2) Qualified service organization, § 2.11
(3) Internal communications, § 2.12(c)(3)
(4) Medical emergency, § 2.51(a)
(5) Audit and evaluation, § 2.53
(6) Referrals from a criminal justice system, § 2.35
(7) Court order by a court of competent jurisdiction, § 2.61.